MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dissable Non-ASCII Charchters.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we honnestly need these? You know how irritating this is..

Take a look at this example.

ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็
ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็
T̸̻̗̫̬̯̙͈̮͔͕͜͢͞o̸̢̱̖̜̪͇̭̠̲͎̙̥̬̹̞̪͇̖͇̱͟͠͞ ̡҉̩͚̺͎̪͙̗̠̦̝̻̀͘͢ͅi̪̩̝̻͕͇̹̺͟͡ǹ͍͇͍͎̤͓̩͈͓̥͚͕̬̳̕͟v̡̳͍̫͎̗̩̲̭͔̞͍̠͈̙̭̩̪͢͡o҉̡̹̤̩̦͎̥̩͟͜͟​​̪͉̻̥͈̰̞k̶̴̼̜̻̖͚̜̩̤̳̠̠͕͓̠̦̀́͟ͅę̸̧̣͎͈̞̣̤̤̝̫̕͜ͅ ̨͇͓̭̦͚͖̰́͜͞ͅţ͢͏̫̪̼͍̞̣͘h̬̱̱͇̩͉͚̟̻̱̟̗̺̙͚̤̲̕ȩ̶̷̮̼̼̹̯̫̪͇̜̪̠̫̞̕͞ ̶̳̠̬̣̜̤̲̻̞̟̜͚̜̬̥̀̀̕̕ͅ
T̸̻̗̫̬̯̙͈̮͔͕͜͢͞o̸̢̱̖̜̪͇̭̠̲͎̙̥̬̹̞̪͇̖͇̱͟͠͞ ̡҉̩͚̺͎̪͙̗̠̦̝̻̀͘͢ͅi̪̩̝̻͕͇̹̺͟͡ǹ͍͇͍͎̤͓̩͈͓̥͚͕̬̳̕͟v̡̳͍̫͎̗̩̲̭͔̞͍̠͈̙̭̩̪͢͡o҉̡̹̤̩̦͎̥̩͟͜͟​​̪͉̻̥͈̰̞k̶̴̼̜̻̖͚̜̩̤̳̠̠͕͓̠̦̀́͟ͅę̸̧̣͎͈̞̣̤̤̝̫̕͜ͅ ̨͇͓̭̦͚͖̰́͜͞ͅţ͢͏̫̪̼͍̞̣͘h̬̱̱͇̩͉͚̟̻̱̟̗̺̙͚̤̲̕ȩ̶̷̮̼̼̹̯̫̪͇̜̪̠̫̞̕͞ ̶̳̠̬̣̜̤̲̻̞̟̜͚̜̬̥̀̀̕̕ͅ

T̸̻̗̫̬̯̙͈̮͔͕͜͢͞o̸̢̱̖̜̪͇̭̠̲͎̙̥̬̹̞̪͇̖͇̱͟͠͞ ̡҉̩͚̺͎̪͙̗̠̦̝̻̀͘͢ͅi̪̩̝̻͕͇̹̺͟͡ǹ͍͇͍͎̤͓̩͈͓̥͚͕̬̳̕͟v̡̳͍̫͎̗̩̲̭͔̞͍̠͈̙̭̩̪͢͡o҉̡̹̤̩̦͎̥̩͟͜͟​̪͉̻̥͈̰̞k̶̴̼̜̻̖͚̜̩̤̳̠̠͕͓̠̦̀́͟ͅę̸̧̣͎͈̞̣̤̤̝̫̕͜ͅ ̨͇͓̭̦͚͖̰́͜͞ͅţ͢͏̫̪̼͍̞̣͘h̬̱̱͇̩͉͚̟̻̱̟̗̺̙͚̤̲̕ȩ̶̷̮̼̼̹̯̫̪͇̜̪̠̫̞̕͞ ̶̳̠̬̣̜̤̲̻̞̟̜͚̜̬̥̀̀̕̕ͅ
T̸̻̗̫̬̯̙͈̮͔͕͜͢͞o̸̢̱̖̜̪͇̭̠̲͎̙̥̬̹̞̪͇̖͇̱͟͠͞ ̡҉̩͚̺͎̪͙̗̠̦̝̻̀͘͢ͅi̪̩̝̻͕͇̹̺͟͡ǹ͍͇͍͎̤͓̩͈͓̥͚͕̬̳̕͟v̡̳͍̫͎̗̩̲̭͔̞͍̠͈̙̭̩̪͢͡o҉̡̹̤̩̦͎̥̩͟͜͟​̪͉̻̥͈̰̞k̶̴̼̜̻̖͚̜̩̤̳̠̠͕͓̠̦̀́͟ͅę̸̧̣͎͈̞̣̤̤̝̫̕͜ͅ ̨͇͓̭̦͚͖̰́͜͞ͅţ͢͏̫̪̼͍̞̣͘h̬̱̱͇̩͉͚̟̻̱̟̗̺̙͚̤̲̕ȩ̶̷̮̼̼̹̯̫̪͇̜̪̠̫̞̕͞ ̶̳̠̬̣̜̤̲̻̞̟̜͚̜̬̥̀̀̕̕ͅ

ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้дด็็​​​็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้
Would be terrible to have it as a username,thread,post everything!
(2014-06-26, 02:19 AM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Do we honnestly need these?

Yes. They are necessary for every non-english language. The characters you used are legitimate characters for other languages (well, not 50 of them on top of each other, but individually).

Maybe stripping out non-printable characters could be sensible (nulls, right-to-left markers and other control characters would make sense), but not all unicode.
This suggestion will render some of the language packs useless and would defeat the whole purpose of MyBB's efforts to accept UTF-8 input.