MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tutorial Mod Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey! I have just released my tutorial mod. Cool It took me a while to get everything perfect, along with help from k776, we pulled it off!

go check it out, and maybe give me some comments / ideas

view file here..

(sorry for linking to mybbplanet.com Big Grin)
yeah, me and Casey worked really hard on it, and making it easy to install and use.

There is a bug when using \\ in categories and tutorials (unless it was fixed recently by Casey) so try to avoid doing so Smile

Other than that, it works great, easy to run and great for sites that like discussions about topics, eg: php.net/ with php etc.
Hey, what is this supposed to do?
its like a tutorial database. admins can write tutorials for other people to use, comment, and rate.

its better than having tutorials on your main site, because this way, it encourages people to sign up on your forum to comment on the tutorials, etc, etc.

and yes, i have fixed all bugs..
How exactly can the users see it? I couldn't find a link after I installed it.
You will have to make a link in the templates.
admin cp -> templates -> *your forums templates* -> toplinks

and ull have to make a link in toplinks, toplinks_member, and toplinks_admin

or you can just send them to, http://yourforums.com/tutorials.php

for a live look at it, vist: http://mybbplanet.com/tutorials.php
great modification just what myBB needed!
Nice modification, going to check it out and see what I can change to gear it towards my site.

Just a small thing I already did for mine. I changed the sid from -1 on the templates to -2 so they show up in the admin panel and become the permanent copy. Then I edited my templates.php in the admin directory and added a new group so they show up under one template category.

Keith, if you told us what you edited it to make that, I shall add it as an optional step in the setup process.
well in the install file I changed all the -1 to -2 for the templates. Then I edited templates.php located in the admin directory.

Find:
$templategroups['member'] = $lang->group_member;

Add Below (optional language .. you could just add the name instead)
$templategroups['tuts'] = $lang->group_tuts;

if you do use the language file then edit templates.lang.php in the admin language directory.

add:
$l['group_tuts'] = "Tutorials";

and that is it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4