MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myBB 1,6.13 - Template Diff Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I performed a full upgrade to the latest myBB version and noticed all my templates were reverted.
After running Find and Update templates, I selected options and Diff Merge so that I could consolidate changes between my template versions. Launching Diff Merge caused php errors to be raised (file not found) however I ran into a file not found issue.

The 2 files were there but their casing was incorrect. So this is a problem Linux/Unix users would experience and not Microsoft users.

The problem lies in /admin/modules/style/templates.php line 1253 to 1256
where the files are referenced with upper casing but the physical files have lower casing.

The fastest and safest work around for me was to duplicate each file with the correct casing as per the templates.php.

Two files which need to be looked at:
1. /inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Engine/Native.php
2. /inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Renderer/Inline.php

Best Regards,
(2014-06-27, 02:24 PM)citizendc Wrote: [ -> ]where the files are referenced with upper casing but the physical files have lower casing.
No, the files start with upper case letters: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/tree/mybb_1.../diff/Diff
The casing changed in MyBB 1.6.10 when the Diff library was updated however it should cause no problem when you upgrade correctly.
Ok I upgraded from myBB 1.6.08. I see the casing reflects correctly in the upgrade package but not on my server. It may be due to the FTP client I used which must have used the same casing as the existing (old) file.