MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about name servers...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just called up My ISP, and wasted 53 minutes tring to tell him to update the IP for my site, but he said that they can't do anything, and that I have to contact my host. :p So, looks like I won't get anywhere with them. So, if there a way that my domain registar can "push"the new IP to my ISP?

Regards
Cool_Guy Wrote:Hi,

I just called up My ISP, and wasted 53 minutes tring to tell him to update the IP for my site, but he said that they can't do anything, and that I have to contact my host. :p So, looks like I won't get anywhere with them. So, if there a way that my domain registar can "push"the new IP to my ISP?

Regards

Plain and Simple... NO. There servers are set to update at a certain time. It could be set at every 30min, could be every 4 weeks. You just never know.
Sad He said they update daily, but I still can't access it. :fuma: :mad: Godaddy says it takes 48 hours.

Anyway, I need my site back online. :\ My members are complaining.
Cool_Guy Wrote:Sad He said they update daily, but I still can't access it. :fuma: :mad: Godaddy says it takes 48 hours.

Well then your going to have to wait.
It seems to be back online, but it has a few PHP errors...
It can take up to 48 hours for DNS changes to propagate.
Cool_Guy Wrote:Sad He said they update daily, but I still can't access it. :fuma: :mad: Godaddy says it takes 48 hours.

You do realize that 48 hours is 2 days...
Yes I do, and its been about 60 hours. :\ I did it last tuesday at night.

Yeh, I know about the PHP errors. I edited settings.php, as there were some problems.

Anyway, its still linking to my old host. :mad: I think its time to trash my ISP. I get 404 not found on many other places (such as here).