MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Email Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

Got a problem again Undecided . Whenever anyone register on my forum or try to contact me through email, they don't receive activation email nor I receive their email.
Can anyone guide me how to solve this problem ?
Please try the following mail test script: [Docs: Help-Mail]

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.
(2014-06-28, 09:27 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Please try the following mail test script: [Docs: Help-Mail]

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.

I can vouch that a change of host solved exactly this sort of problem for me. The old host had had been used too often by spammers & spambots, so was blacklisted
http://www.mandrillapp.com/ - using these email servers worked for me when I had this problem. Smile

Good luck!
excuse me for up this topic.i cant find the code:
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
in functions.php
but find this:
function my_mail($to, $subject, $message, $from="", $charset="", $headers="", $keep_alive=false, $format="text", $message_text="", $return_email="")
{
	global $mybb;
	static $mail;

// Does our object not exist? Create it
	if(!is_object($mail))
	{
		require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/class_mailhandler.php";

if($mybb->settings['mail_handler'] == 'smtp')
		{
			require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/mailhandlers/smtp.php";
			$mail = new SmtpMail();
		}
		else
		{
			require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/mailhandlers/php.php";
			$mail = new PhpMail();
		}
	}

// Using SMTP based mail
	if($mybb->settings['mail_handler'] == 'smtp')
	{
		if($keep_alive == true)
		{
			$mail->keep_alive = true;
		}
	}

// Using PHP based mail()
	else
	{
		if($mybb->settings['mail_parameters'] != '')
		{
			$mail->additional_parameters = $mybb->settings['mail_parameters'];
		}
	}

// Build and send
	$mail->build_message($to, $subject, $message, $from, $charset, $headers, $format, $message_text, $return_email);
	return $mail->send();
}

this was different with doc.
plz help me for solve this.

additional: test mail in doc work correctly.without delay and lag.