MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I noticed that my forums were hacked yesterday and it's showing at the top weird pictures. I'm running the latest version of mybb 1.6.13 and don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help me please?
Can u give us more information pls?
First of all what plugins do you have installed?

Second take your forum offline until this is fixed
finding the source of the hacking can be rather difficult, though most often it is due to a plugin

Your URL would also help.

You can safely assume that you Admin system has been compromised also.

Last time I was hacked it was due to the iShare plugin, I have removed that and vetted all plugins I do not need and double-checked the others for safety, and haven't had any real issues since.

Last time I was hacked I went to the extreme, I scanned all the database for javascript in case it was being inserted by a user, cleared out everything that was suspicious etc.
I then installed a fresh copy of the forums, and used the myBB merge system to merge the users and posts across, which somewhat cleaned the forums. I then installed only the plugins that I deemed were required.
There's lack of information! It's impossible to help you!
Only post if you are providing help.
Guys please help it happened in my forum too , I had pictures of gays having sex and kissing and a text saying that these guys are my staff !
(2014-07-01, 02:51 PM)Zod sucks Wrote: [ -> ]Guys please help it happened in my forum too , I had pictures of gays having sex and kissing and a text saying that these guys are my staff !

Do you have any plugins installed? If so, please list them. I can then download them from here and scan for sql injection points.
Now its already fixed but how can I avoid that ?
Avoid what? Neither of you guys have provided any details so I don't think anyone here knows what happened.
List your current plugins.
Pages: 1 2