MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading Mods Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a forum. I need to upload a mod. Specifically the MyAlerts mod. I looked at a bunch of tutorials, but they were from a long time ago so they don't apply anymore.

Plus, if this involves Anything with my Forums IP and Port, how do I find those?

Please help.
Hi,

You will need to connect to your forums via FTP, upload the files in the mod and then go to ACP >> Plugins and activate it.

Usually when you unzip a mod file on your computer it will have the correct structure for uploading.

i.e. jscripts/files, inc/languages, inc/plugins

So just upload everything to the correct respective files and you are good to go.

There is a mod somewhere that let syou upload mods from the forum backend so it may be worth installing that first
(2014-06-29, 07:51 AM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

You will need to connect to your forums via FTP, upload the files in the mod and then go to ACP >> Plugins and activate it.

Usually when you unzip a mod file on your computer it will have the correct structure for uploading.

So just upload everything to the correct respective files and you are good to go.

There is a mod somewhere that let syou upload mods from the forum backend so it may be worth installing that first

But how do I find my forums IP / Port? I have FileZilla and I have mods downloaded
(2014-06-29, 05:30 PM)DarkFlare Wrote: [ -> ]But how do I find my forums IP / Port? I have FileZilla and I have mods downloaded

you need to enter 21 for Port. that's the default value...
(2014-06-29, 05:30 PM)DarkFlare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-29, 07:51 AM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

But how do I find my forums IP / Port? I have FileZilla and I have mods downloaded

I dont mean to be an lime here, but if you dont know that yet, then its probably not a good idea to be starting with running a site.

Howver there is a 99.9% chance you are running a cpanel based site.
so you ftp will be

ftp.yoururl i.e. ftp.thisisawesome.com

or just ftp to thisisawesome.com

port is always 21 unless your admin changed it.

Username and password you should know or should check with your host
Okay thank you. And I should be running a site because I know about this stuff, I made some cool stuff editing the html and CSS and I just didn't know the default port.