MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar Controlling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there some way to delete or block a user from displaying his avatar.

People have been posting huge avatars and there is no way to restrict it... or is there?

Theres file size but not image size and people are stretching my boards out/.
More avatar options are coming in "gold". And gold is about a month or so away
How can you manually delete an avatar?

If someone uploaded the avatar on your server, how do you delete it?

EDIT: "Gold" is STILL a month away? I thought it was promised to be the beginning of February. Though I REALLY don't want to update to Gold until the arcade is made compatible with it.
Fozzy you can restrict the size of an uploaded avatar, goto admin cp then board settings, then in the board settings, user registration and profile options, at the bottom you should find max upload avatar size. This is in kb so set it to some thing like 10 or 15 this should stop people from uploading a massive avatar.
If you want to delete an avatar, open up your ftp client (whatever that might be) look in your forum directory and you will find a folder called images, inside there you will find a another folder called avatars. You can manualy delete the ones you like from there!
It was never promised that gold would be released at the beginning of February, that's just the time that was estimated until a couple of weeks ago.
if i update to gold all posts and stuff wont be lost right?
When gold is released, an upgrade script will also be included allowing you to update your exisiting board without loosing any members or posts etc.
PheonixWarrior and obiwan, you also have to delete avatars from the database table in phpMyAdmin called mybb_avatars or whatever.

In gold, as far as I know, avatars and attachments are now out and onto the server, not database, which is great.