MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paid support...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will MyBB be offering paid support one day? I remember seeing something somewhere about it.

Cheers,
Matt
Isnt this just the same as charging for the MyBB Software?

People who pay for support get better answers than the ones who use the software and dont pay?
Not at all in my opinion.. the support can be handled by a outside company and I think it would work on the same answer/less time ethic. Those that don't want paid support just don't use it. I can't see it being complicated in my opinion.
So if users want decent support for a free piece of software they have to pay anyway? You may as well charge for the software, as who can use a forum with errors and no support.
The support is great without the paid solutions. However some clients need higher dependability. I am sure there will still be support via the forums, IRC and wiki if MyBB went down the paid route.

Decent support is already provided by MyBB. If users want the option to have dependability or faster response times that shouldn't be a problem too. I think MyBB provide high quality support anyway.

I would love to sit and debate this with you but I just want my question answered. If you do know the answer to the question please can you tell me? If not I would like a MyBB staff member to answer this for me. Is there any plans for paid support in the works?

Matt
pastilles Wrote:I would love to sit and debate this with you but I just want my question answered. If you do know the answer to the question please can you tell me? If not I would like a MyBB staff member to answer this for me. Is there any plans for paid support in the works?

Matt

Forums are for debating and discussions Smile If you want a question answered without any other views then you can pm a MyBB admin or email them Smile
Well, I am refusing to debate this further because I just want this question answered and I don't want to email or PM a team member because some people get irked about that Wink

If a MyBB staff member (or someone that knows) can answer this then I would be grateful.

Thank you
Chris Boulton has said that MyBB will always be free, and the support for it will always be free. So no, paid support isn't going to happen.

I guess if a big company started using MyBB they would have a team of techs learning how MyBB worked anyway, and they would be able to figure out what was wrong.
MyBB the script will always be free and as far as I know, we won't be providing paid support. However paid support might be an option some day down the road, but I doubt it. Smile
Christian Wrote:MyBB the script will always be free and as far as I know, we won't be providing paid support. However paid support might be an option some day down the road, but I doubt it. Smile
When we have a community giving support anyway there really is no need for a paid service.
Pages: 1 2