MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.2 > 1.6.13 Missing Forums!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I upgraded MyBB 1.2.0 to MyBB 1.6.13 I know long overdue right?

So all the forums are missing now. The posts are still in the database so are the forums. But, no matter what I do cache, recount, changing permissions the forums won't show for anyone!

If you try to change the fid to match it you get 'invalid forum' error. :/

http://thejerseydevil.ashkir.com/mybb/

Any help?

Edit:

Okay so... Forum is Active?
If unselected, this forum will not be shown to users and will not "exist". is unchecked on everything.

Any way to mass check all of them?

So is: Forum is Open?
If unselected, users will not be able to post in this forum regardless of permissions.

Okay so the database saves them!
UPDATE mybb_forums SET open=1 WHERE open=0
UPDATE mybb_forums SET active=1 WHERE open=0

That did the trick Big Grin keeping it here for future reference

Okay another error

cannot edit any posts at all

"You may not post in this forum because either the forum is closed, it is a redirect to another webpage, or it is a category."

Also every single thing is unchecked on an upgrade

[Image: N6gApP7.png]
If the value for active is 0, you will not be able to edit posts or make new posts no matter what your permissions are. You also need to rebuild the forum and forumpermission cache if you directly edit the database in PHPMyAdmin or similar program. You can do this by Admin Cp->Tools->cache Manager. Then click rebuild cache on those caches.
I tried no effect. Everything as in every new feature is set to 0 in the database on the upgrade. MyCode, Active, Open, etc. Everything.

You get You may not post in this forum because either the forum is closed, it is a redirect to another webpage, or it is a category. When you try to edit. But, quick edit works fine... How strange!
May I ask why are you even on 1.2 lol?
It's the easiest way to convert an IPB 1.3 database over. The SMF way requires downgrading servers now. While IPB 1.3 to MyBB 1.2 doesn't.

However even though edit, forum view, etc, all work fine on 1.2 But for some reason upgrading it to 1.6 completely breaks it.
(2014-07-01, 12:38 AM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]It's the easiest way to convert an IPB 1.3 database over. The SMF way requires downgrading servers now. While IPB 1.3 to MyBB 1.2 doesn't.

However even though edit, forum view, etc, all work fine on 1.2 But for some reason upgrading it to 1.6 completely breaks it.

Oh I see now this is a conversion problem, not to go off topic did you get fully converted over?
Yes fully converted over.

I can make the changes to make the boards visible in the SQL now... But the thing is... Posts cannot be edited even though permissions are set. New posts can be edited, old posts give this error: You may not post in this forum because either the forum is closed, it is a redirect to another webpage, or it is a category.

Everything else I was able to write SQL statements to fix them.
So... I um figured this out and this is pesky. Apparently you cannot edit them because the upgrade process did not assign a fid to the posts column:

[center][Image: gUE2Cuh.png][/center]]

If I manually go in and add the correct FID I can edit it. Anyone know of a way to restore all the FID's? :/
Note that this will be server intensive if you have a lot of posts. First make sure the fid column exists in mybb_posts table.
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "global.php";
$query1 = $db->query("SELECT p.pid, p.tid, t.fid FROM  . TABLE_PREFIX . "posts p
LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "threads t ON(p.tid=t.tid)");
while($post = $db->fetch_array($query1))
{
$db->query("UPDATE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "posts SET fid=" . $post['fid'] . " WHERE pid=" . $post['pid']);
}
?>
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "global.php";
$query1 = $db->query("SELECT p.pid, p.tid, t.fid FROM  ". TABLE_PREFIX . "posts p
LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "threads t ON(p.tid=t.tid)");
while($post = $db->fetch_array($query1))
{
$db->write_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "posts SET fid=" . $post['fid'] . " WHERE pid=" . $post['pid']);
}
?>

Use this, dragonexpert missed a quote... Wink
Pages: 1 2