MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1045 MySQL Error Code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have been a MyBB member for some time now and I wanted to download an automatic donation system located here. I went through certain steps in a notepad document and I got to a step where I had to figure out my hostname IP address for MySQL, my MySQL username, and my MySQL password. I entered the hostname IP and the username but I realized that I didn't even know the password to my only user in the database, I clicked "change password" and changed the password to my desired password and confirmed it. I entered the information into the notepad for my donation system. The donation system steps then told me to make a page on my website with a /donate/ at the end as a folder. So I proceed to my forum in order to go to my page manager (a plugin) to make it. I enter my forum's url and am prompted with an error page and an error code:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'XXXXXXXX_XXXXX'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

I have X'ed out the username for privacy purposes. I do not know if other users can see it or just me but if you would like to view the page, click right here. I do not know why this is giving me this error, I have never used MySQL in my life, all I know is that it is a database. I have deleted my database and created a new one and deleted my username and created a new one all with the same credentials, it was to no avail. I need my forums up in order to serve my community so any help would be greatly appreciated. I first off, believe that it has something to do with my password change because of the (using password: YES) part of the error, or maybe that's just information. Help! Thanks!

P.S People always answer people with certain queries that the victim needs to run, I don't know what they mean or how I would run them. Every time I go into my hosting service it shows me the program "MySQL Databases" and "Remote MySQL" and such. I have no way to run queries in those programs so I try to run the listed queries that were given to the victim in PHPMyAdmin's SQL section, no use, it would give me a syntax error every time I tried to run a listed query. If I do need to run queries, please tell me where to go and how to get there! Thanks!
The issue is that you need to update the inc/config.php with the following:

SQL user
SQL PASS
SQL HOST

Feel free to request a remote session by downloading Teamviewer and pming me the pass and userid shown. Then I can help remotely.
Thanks! I'll try to do it on my own and if I can't, I'll reply about the Teamviewer!

Hmmm, I have entered my username, password and hostname. It now gives me this error:

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'XXXXXXXX_XXXXX.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

Once again, X'ed out the username for privacy purposes Smile. Can you help with this one too?

(2014-06-30, 05:31 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is that you need to update the inc/config.php with the following:

SQL user
SQL PASS
SQL HOST

Feel free to request a remote session by downloading Teamviewer and pming me the pass and userid shown. Then I can help remotely.

Hmmm, I have entered my username, password and hostname. It now gives me this error:

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'XXXXXXXX_XXXXX.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

Once again, X'ed out the username for privacy purposes Smile. Can you help with this one too?

(Sorry about the duplication)
Check to see if mybb_datacache exists under phpmyadmin. If you can't find that, go to your webhost login open up cpanel, and then look for phpmyadmin. If you still can't figure it out provide me a teamviewer session. It seems it don't exist, but hey you never know Smile.
(2014-06-30, 09:00 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Check to see if mybb_datacache exists under phpmyadmin. If you can't find that, go to your webhost login open up cpanel, and then look for phpmyadmin. If you still can't figure it out provide me a teamviewer session. It seems it don't exist, but hey you never know Smile.

How do you suppose I check that it exists? Is mybb_datacache a tab or something?
(2014-06-30, 09:10 PM)burger97979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-30, 09:00 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Check to see if mybb_datacache exists under phpmyadmin. If you can't find that, go to your webhost login open up cpanel, and then look for phpmyadmin. If you still can't figure it out provide me a teamviewer session. It seems it don't exist, but hey you never know Smile.

How do you suppose I check that it exists? Is mybb_datacache a tab or something?

In PHPmyadmin you can see it on the side an example is this (keep in mind its not mybb)

http://www.superdownloads.com.br/imagens/screenshots/4/4/44845,O.jpg
Verify config settings are right with db name and prefix of your tables via phpmyadmin or remote sql
(2014-06-30, 09:20 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Verify config settings are right with db name and prefix of your tables via phpmyadmin or remote sql

Config is correct, otherwise it wouldn't output a table error. You can't grab a table if you got no connection Wink
(2014-06-30, 09:18 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-30, 09:10 PM)burger97979 Wrote: [ -> ]

In PHPmyadmin you can see it on the side an example is this (keep in mind its not mybb)

http://www.superdownloads.com.br/imagens/screenshots/4/4/44845,O.jpg

I deleted my database and made a new one of the same credentials. There is nothing on the left

I would like to do a Teamviewer session if I cant fix it myself, please set one up for us.