MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Identified as a known spammer by mistake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A person who wants to register at our forum gets the following measure:

["Your email or IP address matches that of a known spammer and therefore you cannot register here."]

He's not a known (or even unknown) spammer and he's very much welcome to join us, if we only knew how.

Even deactivating the anti-spammer plugin doesn't remedy the situation, any suggestions are most welcome, thanks.
This is caused by the StopForumSpam plugin, it does have quite the occasional false positive as I've seen. I'd disable it temporarily so he can register, and then share your settings for the plugin here or in a new thread in the plugin support forum.
These are not false positives caused by SFS, it's a misconfugration on your part. If you set username checking to Yes in ACP configuration, you will get a lot of these because it's very likely that a name was reported many times. Same applies to very low confidence percentage - should be at least 30.
Whats the persons location? Some plugins actually disallow users to join because some IP's and stuff state that it's known spammer. Check it via blacklist.
(2014-07-01, 05:10 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]These are not false positives caused by SFS, it's a misconfugration on your part. If you set username checking to Yes in ACP configuration, you will get a lot of these because it's very likely that a name was reported many times. Same applies to very low confidence percentage - should be at least 30.

I've had quite a few false positives in the past with some users with just IP/username selected, which puzzled me as I couldn't find SFS entries, but I may be wrong and username checking may have been enabled.