MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Re-Installing to same SQL with same users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is quite embarrassing but I made bit of a f**k up with my webhost.

Whilst adding a new FTP account to public_html, I found out that actually, I didn't need that account so I deleted it... and deleted all it's files removing public_html.

Derp.

I have this stuff back but I now need to reinstall myBB and I was wondering. Seen as I didn't remove the SQL database, would it be possible for me to re-install myBB to the same database and have the same registered users as I did before? Thanks.
Yes, if you still have the inc/config.php file with the required DB settings it should still work.
Where would this file be saved? I deleted public_html so if it was in that folder it's gone.
(2014-07-01, 06:27 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, if you still have the inc/config.php file with the required DB settings it should still work.

(2014-07-01, 06:40 AM)Sir Fluffy Whiskers Wrote: [ -> ]Where would this file be saved? I deleted public_html so if it was in that folder it's gone.
Hi,

and if you don't have that file:

you can see database name from your web host panel.

and if you don't have database password:

so just delete database (user) and add new user to your database.
careful don't delete DATABASE :::: just database USER of database !

after have that info you can edit config.php with your info.
Never mind Sad Thank you everyone for the quick advice and I'm sure it will come in handy later down the line. However, I contacted my host to have the folder replaced and they reset everything including my SQL databases. It's all gone. I'll just have to rebuild from scratch.
your host provider not have backup of your site for past few days ?
usually any web host company, create full backup of their users sites any week !