MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving to another hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i have a question
if i made a new host , and installed my current website's files on it , will it work? like the plugins , threads , settings will remain?
You must have the database also and import it to your new host to get your threads, and other stuff back.
You need to backup both a sql databases and files. So open up a ftp grab it all and goto phpmyadmin and export db.

THen on new host import that db and import files to that host,

Then edit inc/config.php with the new db info

Then edit inc/settings.php and edit cookie settings to pinpoint to the new webhost. Once done then everything will be good.
Is your current provider cPanel based? And is your new provider cPanel based?

If yes to both, you can just do a full cPanel backup and give that to your new hosting provider. Most providers will restore that for you, for free and will restore your website 'as-is'.
Im using CPANEL , What i've done is added sub domain with a diffterent URL And imported my website files , the same database will be used , ima try this
(2014-07-02, 01:19 PM)MuhammedSuleiman Wrote: [ -> ]Im using CPANEL , What i've done is added sub domain with a diffterent URL And imported my website files , the same database will be used , ima try this

Could you provide us that url?
If this is solved, please mark your thread as solved.
(2014-07-03, 02:49 PM)MuhammedSuleiman Wrote: [ -> ]Worked o,o http://nc-gaming.gegahost.net

Glad too see your problem is solved also:
MyBB Wrote:The MyBB Group offers support under the conditions of our Support Eligibility policy. It is apparent that one or more of your forums do not meet the conditions of our policy and therefore you are ineligible for support. This could be because of adult, piracy or hacking related content or because your forum does not display the minimum “Powered by MyBB” notice.

If you have any questions regarding this policy please post in the Private Inquiries forum.
So for the lack of support you will be denied support. In the future you should do as they say:

"You support us, we support you."