MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will we really be losing avatar gallery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a fairly cool feature on our board. Users can choose from 200 different avatars from the gallery.

Is it still gone?

Also, we use a plugin to auto-assign an avatar upon registration, will this be useless now as well?
Yes, it's removed for some reason unfortunately. You will have to wait till someone creates a plugin for this in 1.8. Maybe Starpaul will make this compatible: http://community.mybb.com/thread-130940.html
avatar gallery was useful and users love it
Yes, Avatar Galleries are being removed and yes, I have already created a plugin to replace it.
As far as most of the forums I used/owned the forum actually never used the feature so I think it was a decent thing to cut from the software. The fact it remains as a plugin is very helpful though.

(2014-07-01, 04:36 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Avatar Galleries are being removed and yes, I have already created a plugin to replace it.

Great, can the already uploaded avatar galleries be retained or do they have to be re-uploaded?
It was unnecessary. I'm owner or admin on few sites and none of it use avatars, and they using space, so it's good. And if there is plugin, you will can have that again.
None of my users are using the avatars from the gallery, they all use their own uploaded avatars. For the few users who don't use an avatar, there is a default avatar which is assigned at registration time. So in my opinion there's no need for it.
Gravatar, in my opinion, is a much superior implementation of avatars than a gallery maintained by the administrator. Usually the gallery is the default set with no modification - yawn - so the feature is neglected and not much use for most forums. Since Starpaul20 has already created a plugin for this, the boards they do use the gallery can continue using their galleries in 1.8.
(2014-07-03, 05:36 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Gravatar, in my opinion, is a much superior implementation of avatars than a gallery maintained by the administrator. Usually the gallery is the default set with no modification - yawn - so the feature is neglected and not much use for most forums. Since Starpaul20 has already created a plugin for this, the boards they do use the gallery can continue using their galleries in 1.8.
i agree
at last i think they can't upload avatar. but i check and see for now Toungue