MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why switch to 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i hate the new theme, but some of the plugins like limit threads and posts by usergroup and mod cp permissions are incorporated into mybb 1.8

So, better security control -- more permission options security questions built-in, etc.
(2014-07-04, 03:04 PM)Ircher Wrote: [ -> ]i hate the new theme, but some of the plugins like limit threads and posts by usergroup and mod cp permissions are incorporated into mybb 1.8

So, better security control -- more permission options security questions built-in, etc.

Themes are relatively easy to make, even for me. I have no digital art talent and I was able to put together a few color schemes for one of my 1.6 boards and now that some of the buttons have become CSS based, it makes it a little easier to work with and less button images to upload. So that's just another reason to upgrade to 1.8 when it's stable.
(2014-07-05, 01:05 AM)Vashnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-04, 03:04 PM)Ircher Wrote: [ -> ]i hate the new theme, but some of the plugins like limit threads and posts by usergroup and mod cp permissions are incorporated into mybb 1.8

Themes are relatively easy to make, even for me. I have no digital art talent and I was able to put together a few color schemes for one of my 1.6 boards and now that some of the buttons have become CSS based, it makes it a little easier to work with and less button images to upload. So that's just another reason to upgrade to 1.8 when it's stable.

I agree with you. I'm pretty much the same, I have no design skills whats so ever, but a few color changes can really make a nice change to the default theme.

I personally have played with 1.8's theme making the same color changes that my forum currently has, theme came out looking even better than 1.6's Smile.

I also agree with the other when it comes to mods and themes, once 1.8 comes out you really aren't going to see mod / theme devs giving 1.6 much love anymore. It happen to 1.4 when 1.6 was released, 1.2 when 1.4 was released etc.

To the OP: If you want to stay on 1.6 nobody can stop you but once it's becomes EOL you'll want to make that jump asap unless you have the coding skills to patch the software.
Pages: 1 2