MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Memory usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When loading the page the debug stats at the bottom for admin show that I am using 10.5MB. This seems fairly high to me per load, and significantly greater with my traffic. I have dedicated 4GB RAM but just wondering whether anyone has some idea on expected stats and ways to debug this further and get a better grasp of the true RAM consumption
$a = memory_get_peak_usage(1) / 1024 / 1024;
echo "Using a total of {$a} megabytes of RAM.";

Should help you out.
(2014-07-01, 05:36 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]
$a = memory_get_peak_usage(1) / 1024 / 1024;
echo "Using a total of {$a} megabytes of RAM.";

Should help you out.

Yeah i can see where it is being generate and peak_usage is part of the code there I am more looking to break that out to greater details, but I may have to head of the CLi to do that
10.5mb seems a tad high. A fresh 1.8 install on my site is using 1.25mb. Which plugins are you running and how many forums do you have?
(2014-07-01, 05:29 PM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]When loading the page the debug stats at the bottom for admin show that I am using 10.5MB.
On which page did you measure that? Some parts of the ACP need more memory than other areas.
(2014-07-01, 06:55 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-01, 05:29 PM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]When loading the page the debug stats at the bottom for admin show that I am using 10.5MB.
On which page did you measure that? Some parts of the ACP need more memory than other areas.

Most front-end pages, i.e. index, threaddisplay etc.

I have one or two plugins that use pre_page_output but they shouldnt be triggering on these pages