MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion/Bug]: error() for error_usernametaken (newthread, newreply)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a guest tries to use a username for posting, that is already used by a member the error() function is used to display the error.

This forces the guest to use the back button of the browser to get the submitted input back (worst case: it's lost).

Therefore I'd suggest to use an inline error instead, that is displayed above the input form, like it's done for captcha errors etc.

If I was about to decide I'd tread this as a bug for it's a really ugly and user unfriendly sollution and would change this in master branch too, but that's just my opionion.
Moved to bugs
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/841

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
@King Louis: Shouldn't this have been moved to 1.6 bugs? I doubt this was introduced in 1.8. Wink
@StefanT - yep it's like that in 1.6 too ;-) Like I said, if i was about to decide I'd fix it in master and feature branch Big Grin