MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 BETA 2 installation timed out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i try to install MyBB 1.8 BETA 2 on a linux host with DirectAdmin Control Panel.
but any time:
i get (The connection has timed out) error at {Database Configuration page}.
and checking database, that just rise up to 76.0 KB any time.
i try 10 times, try re download, try re uploading package, try with new database.
last week i install MyBB 1.8 BETA 1 on (same) this web host with no errors !

is there a problem with package ? or ?

regards,
OMID
me too had similar issue... "error connecting to database" for two times. but worked the third time with same db and credentials....

third time lucky... Toungue
maybe different, so you may not type correct database info in the fields for 2 times.
but for me, its happen after trying to add fresh database at install.
and that connected to database but stop working after seconds
and made a 76 kilobytes database!

maybe its from some network errors. i have to try again tomorrow
Try setting the connection time out to a higher number?
What database type did you try to use?
(2014-07-02, 06:32 PM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ]What database type did you try to use?
all Smile

that come from server speed.
now its ok and installed.
I have installed MyBB 1.8 a hundred times, never got any time out problems. I'm rejecting this for now. If someone else complains, I'll get it open again. Just to make sure, @OMID_HXC can you reproduce it again?
(2014-07-23, 12:05 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed MyBB 1.8 a hundred times, never got any time out problems. I'm rejecting this for now. If someone else complains, I'll get it open again. Just to make sure, @OMID_HXC can you reproduce it again?

yes
i think my time out was from server problems.
so if i see error (time out) again i will post it here.