MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Small usability improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

there are some small things to improve:

1. Add "Back" button on report error.
[attachment=31888]

2. Add "Back" button on reputation error.
[attachment=31889]

3. Hide "Warn" button in postbit and member profile, if permission disallow to warn specific usergroup (e.g. administrators).

4. Add link to Buddy/Ignore list in PM with a buddy request.

5. When I try to delete a post, there is being shown a modal window asking whether I want to delete post or not. There should be a "pointer" cursor on clickable options (Yes, No, X).
[attachment=31890]

6. Remove "More" button from emoticons drop down in editor when there are no more emoticons available.
[attachment=31891]
1 & 2 - A back button? That doesn't make sense on a modal popup. Maybe a close button. There is nothing for it to go "back" to.

The rest all make sense though.
(2014-07-02, 09:09 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]1 & 2 - A back button? That doesn't make sense on a modal popup. Maybe a close button. There is nothing for it to go "back" to.

Wrong. That's default MyBB 1.6 behaviour. Click on someone's profile -> Rate -> don't add any comment and you'll see.

I plan to do a PR with some requested (by several people at least small theme changes listed in Suggestions forum, maybe I'll include some of these as they make sense.
I agree All of them.
It's strange that we have three different designs for modal windows, isn't it? Just take a look at 1, 2 and 5.
(2014-07-03, 08:41 PM)Adriano Wrote: [ -> ]It's strange that we have three different designs for modal windows, isn't it? Just take a look at 1, 2 and 5.

I thought I just misunderstood something. I agree that it's quite strange.
I think that black circle just sticks out so much, it looks like MyBB just plugged in a jQuery plugin and that's it. I would suggest to add a light grey X icon to the corner instead.

Also related to UX.... Can their be multiple save buttons in the admin->forum->edit forum settings? It's a pretty long page and it's annoying to have to scroll all the way down to save something that's on the top of the page.
i agree with all.
Should be considered
(2014-07-02, 09:42 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]/.../
I plan to do a PR with some requested (by several people at least small theme changes listed in Suggestions forum, maybe I'll include some of these as they make sense.
How the things are going?
Pages: 1 2