MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Went to upgrade myBB, now i can't get in!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I went to go upgrade myBB to the new release 1.6.14 and now, I can't even get into my forum.

The admin panel, mod CP, and a few others are directing to my old URL. (I moved hosts recently. )

And, the CSS is all messed up. I did not run a backup, as I did not think upgrading would cause such an issue.

And no, it was never upgraded. It's still at 1.6.13.

My URL: http://vector4productions.powerwh.com/forums/

So, what files do I need to go into and change stuff?

Thanks! Smile
1: Go into Admin/configuration/Settings and edit settings to your new site.

2: If the admin don't work open up FTP and enter inc/settings.php and edit from there, then do step 1.

Css should fix if thats the issue, because if your old site was:

google.com

and new site is Vector4 then the css is pointed to google.
It worked, but now I'm getting an error in the adminCP: Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thomjecaleb/public_html/forums/inc/settings.php:1) - Line: 51 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.4.29 (Linux)

What's that mean?
Something isn't right in your settings file because nothing should be output there.
Seems the issue was solved Smile
Nope.

I realize it's soemthing in my settings, but where and what?
Try doing this:

First download a copy of your inc/settings.php file. Then delete inc/settings.php off your web server. It should regenerate with the settings that are in the database.
Nope, nothing showed after that. I then refreshed and same thing. I re-uploaded it.

I also can't logout, nor can I login to the admin panel, as it logs me out.

Annd now more errors have showed up on my adminCP. >.> I'm starting to regret updating.

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thomjecaleb/public_html/forums/inc/settings.php:1) - Line: 51 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.4.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 51 header
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thomjecaleb/public_html/forums/inc/settings.php:1) - Line: 1712 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.4.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1712 header
/inc/functions.php 1725 my_setcookie
/admin/index.php 383 my_unsetcookie

I'm really starting to worry, any help on how to fix this stuff would be awesome!

The cookies seem to be set fine, I don't know why they are erroring.
Lets start up a remote session. It would be nice to see it live to help solve the issue.
You shoud first set things properly in settings.php ,first look in to cockie domain and path settings because it is probably reason why you are log out every time and that is why you get error.It happen to me every time I convert/merge from other forum,after that you will be able to log in admin area and that error will probably stop .look for these liness and set properly :

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "forum.yourdomain.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

After that clean broswer cache and try to log in.
Pages: 1 2