MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Paid Job] Must pass automated quiz before being able to post on a board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title says, I'm looking for a flexible plugin that forces users to answer a few randomly selected questions and pass with a certain grade before they can create new threads on a certain board.

I'm willing to pay - price negotiable.

I need this done ASAP.

Thank you.
I have a couple questions to clarify your request:

1) Should the member be allowed to reply to threads still if they normally have permission to?

2) Is it fine if the questions would be configurable in the Admin CP?

3) Do you want it written for 1.6.14 or 1.8 Beta 2?

4) If the plugin is to be private, I'd want to come up with a price ( You can PM me an offer if you choose this ). If the plugin is allowed to be redistributed, it will be free.
1) The board in question will be set to "Only view your own threads" permission, but assuming it wasn't, it's OK if they can't post/reply at all as long as they haven't passed the automated quiz. Basically, no access at all until they pass the quiz, except for seeing that it exists.

2) That would be great. I'd like the format to be;
[QUESTION]
[Possible answers, one per line (or separated by comma, or |, or whatever you want)]
[Which of these answer is the correct one?]

3) Currently on 1.6.14- but if you could make it as future-proof as possible, that'd be great.

4) I don't care for the plugin to be private. I just need it ASAP. If you want to make it free, that's very generous of you. I will still tip you.

I completely forgot to mention a very important element: for obvious reasons, it would be crucial that they can only take the quiz once every X amount of hours. For instance, once every 24 hours. Otherwise, the quiz is pointless and can simply be spammed until they get the right answers.
I'll start on it now. Might take 1-2 days because I have to work later.
That is a lot more than I had ever hoped for. Thank you very much for undertaking this request and I wish you the best.

We used to have a similar plugin but our recent HDD crash made it unusable. The way it functioned was;

Board in question was set to "Only see your own threads".
If someone tried posting a new thread but they weren't in the "Quizpassed" group, they would be directed to the quiz's php page.
If they passed the test, they would be placed in the "Quizpassed" group.

A long lasting bug with that plugin however was that when users were banned, upon their unbanning/return, they were no longer in the Quizpassed group for some reason.

Anyhow, I wish you much luck and let me know if I can help in any way. (Testing or otherwise)
I have the plugin file written. I still have to write the admin module and the actual page they take the quiz on.
(2014-07-03, 07:36 PM)Monkeys Wrote: [ -> ]A long lasting bug with that plugin however was that when users were banned, upon their unbanning/return, they were no longer in the Quizpassed group for some reason.

I think that may have been this issue: [Issue #318]
Also it's probably best not to move a user to a group for this, perhaps a new field in the users table? I'll leave that to dragonexpert though... Toungue
Ah well, unnecessary now, I think dragonexpert is going to use a different method of doing things.
I am altering the users table. :p Grading part is done, still working on the random question part.

P.S. I made it so you can set a time limit of how long they have to finish the exam before it automatically submits it.
Edit: Question Part done. Going to take a break for now. Will deal with the Admin Module either later tonight before work if I have time or tomorrow morning once I get off work.
Sounds awesome, thank you so much. I'll subscribe to the thread so I can test it as soon as you release it. Smile
Pages: 1 2