MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Our freshly installed forums are loading pages rather slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From memory the site is already on a dedicated server and they recently lost a HDD, hence the clean start.
My guess is that you previously had your database set up differently, or even just MySQL was with a more optimised configuration. Give dragonexpert's solution a try, if you're not using delayed thread views then I'd also consider setting your mybb_threads table to InnoDB too (otherwise it needs to be locked on each thread view to update the counter).
(2014-07-04, 09:25 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]Our members have made a total of 3,132 posts in 308 threads.
We currently have 573 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, UnboltedJoker
The most users online at one time was 469 on Today at 06:20 PM

accesing from my location, intodns need 17 secons to access (normally less 5 secon).... http://www.intodns.com/lifepunch.net
you may have bad server configuration. move to others.
yoru forum statistik is small, may I know your plugin?

That's in three days. We used to be in the hundreds of thousands but lost it all to an HDD failure. I have no doubt it'll get back big rather quickly due to how active/social our members are. The forums were a buzzing central hub of our community.

(2014-07-04, 10:23 PM)adi19 Wrote: [ -> ]Move to another WebHosting provider or use VPS!
We're on dedicated.

(2014-07-05, 12:31 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that you previously had your database set up differently, or even just MySQL was with a more optimised configuration. Give dragonexpert's solution a try, if you're not using delayed thread views then I'd also consider setting your mybb_threads table to InnoDB too (otherwise it needs to be locked on each thread view to update the counter).
Pretty sure our MySQL is setup exactly the same (which should have been necessary to get our gameservers back in functioning order). Can you elaborate on delayed thread views? What's that?
Welp, apparently using localhost instead of the direct address (127.0.0.1) can cause php and mysql to be really slow.
Oooh, are you running a local DNS resolver (Such as dnsmasq) or relying purely on an external server? If the latter then yeah, that'll be a lot slower to look up localhost as I don't think it'll read directly from /etc/hosts.
Pages: 1 2