MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation from post - Popup text and auto refresh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when we add reputation from a post, it asks for comments which isn't needed. it must be noted that the text on the popup box says comments isn't needed.

second thing is that after adding the reputation the thread is not auto refreshed to update the reputation.
(2014-07-04, 05:48 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]when we add reputation from a post, it asks for comments which isn't needed. it must be noted that the text on the popup box says comments isn't needed.
Can you try to explain the issue differently? I didn't understand it.

(2014-07-04, 05:48 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]second thing is that after adding the reputation the thread is not auto refreshed to update the reputation.
Yes, that is right and I don't consider that a bug. So I'm not pushing this. If the majority consider it, we can push it.
(2014-07-18, 12:33 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-04, 05:48 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]when we add reputation from a post, it asks for comments which isn't needed. it must be noted that the text on the popup box says comments isn't needed.
Can you try to explain the issue differently? I didn't understand it.

I think he means that when you give a reputation to a post it'll error out telling you that need to add a comment even though the pop-up says you don't need one.
(2014-07-18, 01:14 AM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]I think he means that when you give a reputation to a post it'll error out telling you that need to add a comment even though the pop-up says you don't need one.

exactly......Big Grin

either it should allow to add reputation without any comments or the pop-up message should be changed...
Agree, just a small change
I'm pushing this. IIRC in 1.6 we weren't required to add any comment - hence the message there. Not sure if any requirement was added meanwhile but I'll look into it.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/952

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
My members are already bitching about this. Can we please get a fix, or at least a tutorial? If I figure this out, I'll post mine. Thanks
As said on GitHub: one place is enough. Also note that he speaks about the auto refreshing which was decided to leave as it was in 1.6.