MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mutliple MYSQL useage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My problem is, im hosting the forum on 1and1, and their MySQL Database only got 1GB Traffic, is it possible, to add Multiple databases to the forum? so if the first gets filled, they can register on the new one? would be useful.
1and1 offer 1gb of MySQL storage space (not traffic), and that is a lot. My 750,000 post forum is only around 600mb.
(2014-07-05, 12:39 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]1and1 offer 1gb of MySQL storage space (not traffic), and that is a lot. My 750,000 post forum is only around 600mb.

But whats, if you hit the border of 1GB? then you cant post/register anymore there.. and for me, every registered user takes 2MB
When your site is large enough to have a database that size then you're probably going to want to be paying more than $1/month for hosting, at the very least, for the performance improvements.

But to answer your original question, no it isn't possibly to split things across multiple databases.