MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rebuild stats duplicated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild -> Recount Statistics

ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Cache Manager -> stats

Recount & Rebuild table should be removed since it is not necessary.
(2014-07-05, 06:47 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Recount & Rebuild table should be removed since it is not necessary.
No, this is the place where user expect the option. Also it is recommend to run it after you've recounted other things.
It is not consistent with what the pages do. You "recount" in the "Recount & Rebuild" page and you update the cache in the "Cache Manager" page.

(2014-07-05, 06:53 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]No, this is the place where user expect the option. Also it is recommend to run it after you've recounted other things.

If it is recommended then it should be automatically "reloaded" every time a recount is finalized.

It makes no sense to have the same functionality in multiple pages just so that users don't forget.
I honestly don't remember what both do. I can guess what the first does but can't guess the second - possibly related to the new stats caching we've added recently?

If so, aren't they different?

Edit: perhaps not as caching will need to recount stats as well.
ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild -> Recount Statistics
[attachment=31957]

ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Cache Manager -> stats
[attachment=31958]

Both do the same.
I personally would just leave it as it is. If I'm re-building the other stuff, I prefer to re-build stats from there rather than going to a different page to re-build the stats.
It's fine in both locations IMO.
If we remove one support information could become incorrect and users could potentially be unable to find how to reload the stats.