MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Qusetion For Chris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ive basicly given up learning php for the time being! I put it down to my old age!
I did learn some stuff from the books, but have to say that php and mysql for dummies was not that informative. Most of these books assume that you have some knowlege of php already. I was looking for a book that was more of a idiot style intro to it!
I've got 3 books by Larry Ullman and they are all very good i've also got all the books you can get from Sitepoint.com and they are very useful as well, I've also got the Dummies book but personally I don't rate that book.
chiefsaab Wrote:Apart from php.net, can anyone suggest any other tutorial that will be really usefull for beginners? I want to learn only that much of php which could help me make mods for mybb Smile

Sitepoint has some good tutorials on php. I first started learning php with an over 100 pages tutorial from Kevin Yank that was available on the mysql website (this tutorial has gone now, Kevin made it a book instead!). Some chapters of this book are available as tutorials

PHP & MySQL Tutorials on Sitepoint

By the way, the php forums on sitepoint are very useful also. I got many questions answered there.

I would add that to learn you need to get your hands dirty with coding. Code, code, code. And code again.

And I add: code again and againBig Grin

Michel
Pages: 1 2 3