MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error reason 435 4.7.8 authentication failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Before taking any action towards opening an account and posting this thread to ask for help, I did check whatsoever possible way to fix this issue.
As well as checking the wiki/FAQ.

The issue is that when a user registers to my forum, he doesn't receive any email varifaction.
I tried the following and here are the results :

- First of all, made a small file with a few lines sending to my own email (hosted by hotmail) a test email with the php function mail(), it said that the email was successfully sent, but I didn't receive anything.
I then found that I "need to use SMTP instead" ...

- I have roundcube installed and when I try to send with it, it sends and I receive the message into my inbox.

- I tried to replace the mail settings from php mail() to SMTP, filling up everything rechecking few times and trying different passwords, ip's and usernames, everything returned the same error:
Quote:The SMTP server rejected the supplied SMTP password. Reason: 435 4.7.8 Error: authentication failed: UGFzc3dvcmQ6
which by a small research I found that UGFzc3dvcmQ6 equals(base64 decoded) to "Password:" and I read that it may not be at the forum level issue.

I spent over 6 hours before posting this thread doing searchs, after bunch of it I just couldn't find any answer for this.

In my opinion the issue is or in the code itself or some file somewhere which decided whather url can send email and what not.

My OS is: Centos 6 32bit
Forum version: 1614
Control panel: zpanel

Any help or direction is appericiated.
I seams the user/password you've entered is not correct. It also could be a server problem, google returns several problems with Postfix SASL when you enter that error message.
And if the MySQL Postfix has a password, is there a need to enter somewhere this password as well ?