MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Base Colors and Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two questions:
1) Where in the user cp is he theme selector.
2) How exactl do the base colors work and are they fully implemented in the default theme?
1. It shows in Options if you have 2 or more themes.
2. Yes, they are in default theme. Color selector works only in ACP though.. So you need to copy the theme there and set different color for each copy. Then users will be able to choose them too.
(2014-07-07, 07:56 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. It shows in Options if you have 2 or more themes.
2. Yes, they are in default theme. Color selector works only in ACP though.. So you need to copy the theme there and set different color for each copy. Then users will be able to choose them too.

At point 2 - So, I must manually edit the default theme and make copies to make base colors work?

I didnt see the theme selector in options of user cp (i looked there first); i did find a quick theme select bar though.

Can you post some screenshots of different base colors being used with the default theme? Thanks!
[Image: apart-1800-overview.png?w=1005&h=369]

You can select them in the theme options in the Admin CP, it's up to you what they do to the style. The purpose of the feature is to allow theme designers to distribute different variations of one theme in one easy to install package. The purpose was not for the user to be able to select between them.
ok, still, wouldve been nice if you didnt have to manually edit themes to make the base colors work, but it does help the end user. Thanks!