MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP "Invalid Administration Session"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day everyone,

I was working on my forum yesterday and I was able to access everything as I should be able to. However, I get up to day to work on it some more and I am unable to access the Admin CP. I go to login and it logs me in but the second I attempt to go anywhere inside the Admin CP I am logged out and prompted to login in again with the "Invalid Administration Session" notice.

I have followed the steps and instructions located in the thread http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html and it has not helped. I am at a loss as to what I can do.

Forum URL: http://www.tokyoghoul.decadence-rpg.net/index.php

Any and all help is appreciated, and cookies to anyone who can help me ASAP! Thanks.

1. Clear your cookies for the board in the browser you are using.
  2. Check your cookie settings in the database and ./inc/settings.php and make sure they match.
  3. Check your board URL (bburl) setting in the database and ./inc/settings.php. If you installed your board to www.tokyoghoul.decadence-rpg.net then make sure you consistently use the www prefix when visiting your board. If your board is not installed with the www prefix, remove it when visiting your board.
Vashnik and KunTest I have done exactly those things you mentioned, I appreciate the will to help but if you read my post you would have not told me to do those things because as stated I did do them and even included the link to the thread proclaimed to the fix the problem saying I tried it.

Ace700 I do the part with changing the

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".domainname.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

in my settings.php but it still does not allow me to access anywhere in my admin CP.
(2014-07-07, 10:00 PM)zodearest223 Wrote: [ -> ]Vashnik and KunTest I have done exactly those things you mentioned, I appreciate the will to help but if you read my post you would have not told me to do those things because as stated I did do them and even included the link to the thread proclaimed to the fix the problem saying I tried it.

Ace700 I do the part with changing the

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".domainname.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

in my settings.php but it still does not allow me to access anywhere in my admin CP.

Did you check your database (check the settings table)? I gave you the main points you need to check. If you don't want to follow the directions, then you won't be able to fix the problem you are having. I also provided a point to use the URL you installed your board on. If the board was installed with the www prefix, then use it. If not, then do not use the www prefix.