MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easy and Fast Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Dear All community,
hope all are happy Smile

Heart

i have suggest about: Easy and Fast Registration for mybb 1.8 and newers
(but not as a plugin at least option to manage)

i see and sure, many of users hate the lot fields in registration page, for any site. Blush

#1 so if possible, i think its better at least we remove all right part, from registration page:
and use appropriate options as default for all.
so if any user want, can manage them at UserCP.

this for default may good:

all on for:
Receive emails from the Administrators
Hide your email from other members
Receive private messages from other users
Alert me with a notice when I receive a Private Message

all off for:
Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message
Hide me from the Who's Online list

(Instant PM notification)
for:
Default Thread Subscription Mode

and Forum Default GMT for
Time Zone

[Image: new-reg-1-8-01.jpg]

#2 Account Details

no more Confirm field !

one Username field.
one Email field.
one or two Password field.
(like github.com registration)

user not on mood for typing email Confirm and or password Confirm two times
and usual they just copy in two fields. just like me Smile
and this can't help them to enter correct password or email at that point
also this no more help for blocking bots registration !

[Image: new-reg-1-8-02.jpg]

#3 Additional Information:
not have problem so they already manageable from AdminCP.
and most stay for some reason.

[Image: new-reg-1-8-03.jpg]

#4 I think its better user have (Referrer) field at user cp for one time usable.
or
(on the Registration Agreement page)
or
(at first login)

[Image: new-reg-1-8-04.jpg]

#5 Image Verification & Security Question (already in MYBB 1.8 core):
this part shod stay. for block bots registration are very good !

[Image: new-reg-1-8-05.jpg]
for me not...
template edit is more than enough.
This was discussed extensively over here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-150432.html
(2014-07-08, 12:08 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]for me not...

i agree now template edit is enough.
(2014-07-08, 12:52 PM)OMID_HXC Wrote: [ -> ]** and how change the Default Thread Subscription: to (Instant PM notification) as default on registration page ?

i not tested but probably work http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35180...ct-element

find

<option value="3" {$instant_pm_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_pm_subscribe}</option>

replace

<option selected="selected" value="3" {$instant_pm_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_pm_subscribe}</option>
(2014-07-08, 01:03 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-08, 12:52 PM)OMID_HXC Wrote: [ -> ]** and how change the Default Thread Subscription: to (Instant PM notification) as default on registration page ?

i not tested but probably work http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35180...ct-element

find

<option value="3" {$instant_pm_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_pm_subscribe}</option>

replace

<option selected="selected" value="3" {$instant_pm_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_pm_subscribe}</option>

i try
selected="selected"
already. but see no any effect on Thread Subscription with that.
dubitable / so do some test and find another bug Undecided
http://community.mybb.com/thread-155805.html

-------------

Update:

i'm do for my test forum:
is there anything bad with this:
[Image: omid-hxc-new-registration-mybb.jpg]
(2014-07-08, 12:08 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]for me not...

mybb needs to get into 2014 and at the very least allow admins to decide what is and isn't acceptable to be used on the registration page, through configurable options in the acp, imho.

this will tackle both issues: allow the board admin to decide what is best for its audience while being easily configurable.
If we add a settings for every single template edit you wouldn't have a fast forum software. The configuration page would have 100+ settings...
It's really really easy to modify the template and if you can't do that you shouldn't run a forum (my opinion).
(2014-07-09, 06:56 PM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]If we add a settings for every single template edit you wouldn't have a fast forum software. The configuration page would have 100+ settings...
It's really really easy to modify the template and if you can't do that you shouldn't run a forum (my opinion).

I completely agree. If the extent of your knowledge is an on/off switch there is no hope for the future. Wink But, in all seriousness, it's so simple to make this change on a per forum basis - if you want the registration page short then shorten it, simple as.
You could also use Facebook Connect which is also very fast. It isn't difficult to set that up.
Pages: 1 2