MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your Message and Thread Subject
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I have a quick question, how would i go about changing "Your Message:" text on just one forum? i.e change "Your Message:" to "Your post".

Also i would like to auto fill the Thread Subject box with {$mybb->user['username']} on just one forum not the hole board.

Any help with this would be awesome.

Ps: I do have xthreads installed if that would be any help.

Cheers
Smity
for the first query, goto ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> newreply.lang.php and newthread.lang.php

edit the lang files and find your_message and change it as Your post...

your second question needs a plugin to do it...
(2014-07-08, 08:09 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]for the first query, goto ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> newreply.lang.php and newthread.lang.php

edit the lang files and find your_message and change it as Your post...

your second question needs a plugin to do it...

hay mate, thx for the reply but wont that change it for all the forums? im looking to just do it for one.

Cheers
(2014-07-08, 08:16 AM)smity Wrote: [ -> ]hay mate, thx for the reply but wont that change it for all the forums? im looking to just do it for one.

yes it will change it for all the forums... i thought only your second question is for a particular forum and the first one is for entire board.. Toungue
By using XThreads you can add prefix for that forum's templates in Forum Settings, for example myforum_. Then create myforum_newthread template based on your newthread template and replace:
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
with:
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$mybb->user['username']}" tabindex="1" /></td>
You can also change {$lang->your_message} in that template to Your post.

Create prefixed templates with similar changes for newreply, showthread, etc. too if you want.
(2014-07-08, 11:55 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]By using XThreads you can add prefix for that forum's templates in Forum Settings, for example myforum_. Then create myforum_newthread template based on your newthread template and replace:
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
with:
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$mybb->user['username']}" tabindex="1" /></td>
You can also change {$lang->your_message} in that template to Your post.

Create prefixed templates with similar changes for newreply, showthread, etc. too if you want.

Thanks mate, worked like a charm and was also able to do the other changes this way.