MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pages not showing changes until refreshed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago i started having a problem with my mybb install (that has been running fine for about 2 years).

When ever a new post/thread is made. You have to manually refresh the forum index before it will show up.

For example if i reply to a thread then go to forum index and then back into the thread again my post will not show up, until i actually hit F5.

I have asked my hosting company (tsohost) if they have any ideas and they were stumped.

I decided to create a brand new install of mybb in a test area (on same server) and having the same issue with that forum.

Please could someone offer any advice.

my main site is http://www.h2hclan.net
My test site with same issues is http://h2hclan.net/testarea/h2h2/index.php
test account username = test
test account password = test123
try logging into the test site, creating a new thread, then going back into "my forum" and your thread will not be there till manually refreshed Confused

If you want anymore information, or do not understand what i mean, please say.
Is Cloud Flare enabled?
Sounds like a caching issues, although there is an Expires header set. Try putting the following into your .htaccess file anyway:

<FilesMatch ".php$">
  Header unset Cache-Control
</FilesMatch>
Hi there,

Thanks for the replies, i have inserted

<FilesMatch ".php$">
Header unset Cache-Control
</FilesMatch>

into my .htaccess , with no visible changes to the issue Sad

As for cloud flare, it is not something i have ever used. As far as i am aware it is not in use (how would i check - although i am the only admin).

Any more suggestions really are appreciated. As it stands i cant even wipe and start again (which i wouldn't really want to do anyway) as the issue follows a new install.

**** edit - didnt want to double post

I just remembered that a short while before i started having any issues, my site was running faily slow, so my hosts told me that they were enabling gzip compression to see if that would help speed things up. Would that have anything to do with it ?

Also if you think there is anything obvious that i should have checked please say.

Thanks

Cadet
Oh, haha, I just paid closer attention to the Expires header and realised it is 2 days in the future.
Looking around I'm seeing this snippet a lot, so try this:

<FilesMatch ".php$">
Header unset ETag
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
Header set Expires "Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT"
</FilesMatch>

That'll cause it to expire way in the past so it will not be cached.

Additionally, if you're not sure what Cloudflare is, you're not using it.
hey CameronBig Grin ,

I think i may want your babies Smile

On very early testing, adding that last bit of code to .htaccess seems to have ressolved the issue (Atleast for me , i will have to wait to see what others say). On a side note i did have to go back in on chrome and manually remove all browsing data (although IE and FF were fine).

Thank you very much for you assistance Cameron (and Dragon), any ideas what could have caused this issue after 2 years of happiness ? (did you see my bit about Gzip ? )

Thanks again
(2014-07-08, 10:18 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Is Cloud Flare enabled?

Just a quick note that we don't impact php by default & that appears to be the case here. We only cache static content by default.