MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want all topics on front page of forum (single forum)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to set up a message board that has two sections, one for Announcements (Sticky threads) and one for Topics, exactly like this example: http://www.cpaptalk.com/CPAP-Sleep-Apnea-Forum.html

In this example there appear to be either two Categories, or else two Forums (with no parent Categories?) with threads displayed right on the home page. Can I do this with mybb ? If so, what are the steps?

While the example is a phpBB forum, on installation phpBB appears to have the same standard hierarchical structure, yet it's apparently possible to modify to create the format we see on their home page. So I'm hoping myBB is modifiable in the same way.

I build Wordpress websites but this is my first time trying to set up a forum, so thanks for any help you can give.
Bump -- can anyone help with this? I haven't found a solution yet but I'm sure one exists.Huh
Thanks for responding. I edited my htaccess file with the code you directed me to and no change (I used my fid which was 14, not 2). Is there a particular place in that file where the code should go, or is there additional code or steps?