MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird stats/debug info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Also while we're at it, didn't you enable that mod that trolled banned members by making the page load after 40-60 seconds?
I'm not sure, but I haven't ever tested Varnish with MyBb (never had the need to personally). I'll have to set up a vagrant instance tomorrow to test.
(2014-07-09, 08:55 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]Also while we're at it, didn't you enable that mod that trolled banned members by making the page load after 40-60 seconds?

not on this server, and removed it from the other site which is behaving

(2014-07-09, 08:57 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure, but I haven't ever tested Varnish with MyBb (never had the need to personally). I'll have to set up a vagrant instance tomorrow to test.

id had apachebooster (nginx + varnish + mariaDB) running for a over a month now, so not sure where this is coming from.

I might try removing it and throwing in nginxadmin instead just to see if that behaves a little better, i can probably do without varnish and may look at xcache or something
I'll test tomorrow and see if I can reproduce the issue at all. Ideally we'll be able to find the cause and work out a patch.
cheers

Wow think I found the issue.

Having the myadvertisements_advertisements table as innodb seemed to make that perform terribly. I would have thought having this as innodb would have made logical sense as the table is written to everytime a page is loaded because a view is recorded, therefore having full table level locks under myisam.

Looking back over the debug page it was taking 1 second for the writes to this table. I switched it back to myISAM and the problem went away.

Truly bizarre behavior.

It may have been an issue with the conversion, or perhaps it isnt indexed correctly so I may look at that, nonetheless surprised that little part could throw things off so badly

A further interesting point is that the sessions table is performing more slowly with writes under innodb as well, I get better performance from myISAM
I wonder if this is a MariaDB thing
Pages: 1 2