MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Starting a new forum [1.6.14]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Starting up my old forum again using MyBB 1.6.14 is there any point?
Should I wait for 1.8 instead or go with MyBB 1.6.14 and wait till MyBB 1.8 is out with plugins etc?

Also will themes be hard to convert over to MyBB 1.8?
That's the only problem with MyBB 1.8 because I currently have my own custom theme for MyBB 1.6.14 and I am worried I wont be able to convert it to MyBB 1.8 myself. Sad

Thanks.
There are a lot of template changes and optimizations done to the default 1.8 theme, this includes the use of CSS spirites, modal login, etc. You're better off to use the 1.8 default theme as a base and work from that, so that'd basically mean totally redoing the theme, but it'd be worth it.
(2014-07-09, 08:09 PM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of template changes and optimizations done to the default 1.8 theme, this includes the use of CSS spirites, modal login, etc. You're better off to use the 1.8 default theme as a base and work from that, so that'd basically mean totally redoing the theme, but it'd be worth it.

Thanks, I'll probably pay someone to convert my theme over if not I'll probably buy a new MyBB 1.8 theme when MyBB 1.8 is released.