MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Mentions 1.0.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
@Supryk - I know about this one, but it is not compatible with Quick reference plugin from @Shade Sad

This is one thing which is missing the most in this plugin!
(2014-07-10, 12:18 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]A simple plugin parsing @username (@"Complex Username") Twitter-style mentions into profile links with user's group display style.

It is compatible with AJAX-driven plugins - DVZ Shoutbox as an example:
[Image: 47371-1404929302-DVZ%20Shoutbox%20edit.png]

This is the most optimized edition among other plugins with similar functionality as user-related information is being loaded using a single SQL query where possible and cached.

Offers hard-coded configuration (keep the prefix, style usernames, ignored phrases).

The catch rules should eliminate any unwanted replaces (like e-mail addresses).

The plugin has been tested in various environments, however there may be issues related to different encoding (UTF-8).

Download, configuration, technical details: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=29
Hey, unfortunately DVZ mentions takes over when users share TikTok links.

https://tiktok.com/@q32reneking/video/69...0203622657 winds up parsed like this https://tiktok.com/@q32reneking/video/6949584890203622657
@Devilshakerz are they working now for MyBB recent versions ?
I'm just testing this out - and, while it's working well for the most part, there is one issue I'm having.

When I use my phone, the mentions aren't working correctly. I found out that this is because my phone uses specific opening and closing quotation marks (“ and ”), but the mentions system doesn't support these: it supports standard double quotes ("), apostrophes ('), and even backticks (`) - but not the opening/closing quotes.

Is there any way in which this can be fixed?
thanks
Version 1.0.6
  • fixed accidental parsing related to @ characters in [url] and [email] MyCodes and auto URL parsing
  • improved compatibility with PHP 8 and MyAlerts
  • improved compatibility with MyBB 1.8.28 (related to parser output validation)

Upgrading (from 1.0.5): Overwrite files.
It would be awesome if hovering over a username's tag would show a rectangle with the user's information (similar to how Fb does it).
I have an error code 500 on the page with @mentions after installation...When i deactivate the plugin, the page displays correctly (but witouth @mentions work...). (MyAlertts 2.0.4, DVZ Mention 1.06, MyBB 1.8.29, PHP 7.3.33).
Have idea ?

Function mb_strtolower() in parsing.php use the mbstring extension, and sh'es disabled on my server...

I have enabled this extension and.. it's work ! Smile
Hi, I have a problem with usernames starting with @ (for example, @Test). When you quote posts written by these users, you get the blank post error because the quote tag conflicts with DVZ Mentions.

Since I have several users with complex usernames (for example, Vulcan names beginning with "T'"), I was also wondering if it would be possible to have an option in the Admin CP to disable @Username and force users to use @"Username" instead.

Thank you for your attention, and I wish you Happy Holidays!
Installed this plugin and i get this error anyone able to help please
Runing mybb  1.8.31
And PHP Version 5.6.40 at least that's what it does say on mybb cPanel

Quote:Fatal error: Default value for parameters with a class type hint can only be NULL in /home/railwork/public_html/inc/plugins/dvz_mentions/core.php on line 5
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29