MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Mentions 1.0.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2023-01-09, 06:39 PM)Pendolino Wrote: [ -> ]Installed this plugin and i get this error anyone able to help please
Runing mybb  1.8.31
And PHP Version 5.6.40 at least that's what it does say on mybb cPanel

Quote:Fatal error: Default value for parameters with a class type hint can only be NULL in /home/railwork/public_html/inc/plugins/dvz_mentions/core.php on line 5

This plugin requires PHP version 7.0 or higher. Wink => https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=29
Would it be possible to "at" forum groups ? like discord does. That would be most helpful Wink
I installed this plugin but it is not triggering an alert from MyAlerts.  I uninstalled MyAlerts and reinstalled but still no alerts from mentions?  Any ideas?
Wrong thread/delete
I am not sure why but I'm not getting the options for integrating with MyAlerts or DVZ shoutbox.

I use this plugin on two different forums. One of them has the options below:
MyAlerts integrations: dvzShoutbox [install] · post [uninstall]

But the one not working does not have this shown. I've uninstalled MyAlerts and DVZ Mentions. Then reinstalled Myalerts before installing mentions and the options are still not there.

PHP 8.0.30 on the one thats not working and PHP 7.4.33 on the site where these options are showing.

Okay so I sorta figured out the issue though I'm not sure if this is related to MyAlerts or Mentions BUUUUUT MyAlerts is now 2.0.4-dev when you download a fresh install of it. I copied over the old install I had which was 2.0.4 to the new site where this was an issue. Upon doing such the Mentions options to integrate with MyAlerts shows now.
Hmm, yep, we've bumped the MyAlerts version from 2.0.4 to 2.1.0-dev in anticipation of a full 2.1.0 release once a few more issues have been implemented.

DVZ Mentions on line #123 of inc/plugins/dvz_mentions/alerts.php requires a MyAlerts version of 2.0.*. I don't know why it has this requirement.
The changelog for v1.0.5 states "no MyAlerts notifications will be sent for mentions inside code and quote blocks". However, I've had multiple members telling me that they're still getting alerts for mentions that are inside quotes.

Is it possible that this change has been lost in v1.0.6?
I had the following issue with MyAlerts 2.1.0-dev build:
(2024-02-08, 05:47 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]Whichever one continues to work with DVZ Mentions I guess? One of my sites has 2.0.4 and DVZ mentions myalerts integration button works and is visible.

On another site I downloaded the MyAlerts from github and got 2.1.0-dev and DVZ mentions no longer has a button to integrate with myalerts. So something about the new dev version is causing mentions not to "recognize" it? I'm not sure whats going on lol.

Laird mentioned a fix and it does work! So I just wanted to pop over here and let you know and post this here for anyone else with the issue.
(2024-02-09, 07:42 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]As I commented to you a while back in the DVZ Mentions thread, DVZ Mentions requires MyAlerts 2.0.*. This is over-conservative: it could/should simply require version 2.*.*.

Untested, but I think this can be fixed by changing line 123 of inc/plugins/dvz_mentions/alerts.php from:

if ($version[0] == '2' && $version[1] == '0') {

to

if ($version[0] == '2') {

If that works, we can "mention" it to dvz. Smile
That was helpful! Thank you Taylor/Laird.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29