MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move up a link to post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do not know how to exactly describe it. On the home page is a column "Last Post" and how it will be moved to hit the last post. However, I would like to carry an me a few px above. The same would get after clicking on the number of post in the thread (just to carry an a few px above). Where can I change this?

PS: I used Google Translator
Umm, sorry I am not understanding your problem.. Are you asking how to rename Last post,with a new name?
No, no. I wish after clicking on the "Last Post" transported me a few px higher than now.

Refresh
(2014-07-12, 08:16 AM)hipek Wrote: [ -> ]No, no. I wish after clicking on the "Last Post" transported me a few px higher than now.

Refresh

We really don't understand what you want. What do you mean by "transported me"?
Again: when you click on "Last Post" you're redirected to a new page (at the position of the last post). You want to be redirected to the first post? Give us more details, please. Your request is a bit confusing. Eventually, try to use a graphic example for an easier understanding of what you want.
After clicking on the "Last Post" brings me here:
[Image: 2d6f0p.jpg]

I would like that brings me here (a few pixels above):
[Image: 2hobgw5.jpg]
I understand now what you want, but... this is one of the weirdest requests that I've ever seen.
Anyway, I'll try to give you an example about how these things works.

Example: in MyBB, (in footer) you have a link "Return to Content".
<a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a>
When you click on this link, you will be redirected to top because in header template is this tag:
<a name="top" id="top"></a>
In the same way, when you will click on "Last Post" you will be redirected to the id of this post (in MyBB is called "pid") because there is a tag in template:
(see AdminCP->Templates & Style->Templates-> YOUR TEMPLATE NAME->Post Bit Templates->postbit)
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
So, theoretical, if you want to be redirected to another place (or a few pixels above), then this tag should be placed there.

But honestly, even if it could be done by setting a new tag in template, this makes no sense.
Why would you wanna be redirected to the last post but with a few pixels above?
I have a div, which covers part of the post so I'd like to brings me a little bit higher so I can see the full post.
(2014-07-13, 08:34 AM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you wanna be redirected to the last post but with a few pixels above?

If you have a fixed header bar then jumping to a #pidN will cause top of the post to be cut off (under the header). I worked around this by using CSS to set a relative position on the
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a> 
links with
top: -20px;
Yes, exactly. I have a fixed header, which covers part of the post. So step by step how can I fix it? Smile

Refresh
Refresh
Pages: 1 2