MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The story with plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I assume that all plugins for 1.6 won't work for 1.8? Is it simple changes that need to be made to the plugin code to make them work?
(2014-07-11, 11:14 PM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]So I assume that all plugins for 1.6 won't work for 1.8?

Yes, they won't work.

(2014-07-11, 11:14 PM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]Is it simple changes that need to be made to the plugin code to make them work?

It depends on the plugin. Simple plugins will probably just need their compatibility indicator updated. More complex ones may need more done.
How about 'NewPoints'?
That's definitely 'more complex'. But the plugin author is in MyBB team so it's likely that it will be made to work in 1.8.
So none of the plugins are actually updated yet? That kinda sucks. To me it shows that the MyBB authors are not really concerned about 1.8....
(2014-07-16, 07:52 PM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]So none of the plugins are actually updated yet? That kinda sucks. To me it shows that the MyBB authors are not really concerned about 1.8....

Its not up to MyBB authors to update the plugins created by others. The plugin authors need to update their plugins and re-release them accordingly. If they choose to do so.
I've already updated all of mine and I'm very sure others have done that too. But they aren't released yet so the authors have them only locally Wink

And we ARE concerned about 1.8 - otherwise you won't have any betas and only the final release sometime without any information before...
There's no point releasing plugins for 1.8 until 1.8 is released...

All my plugins are on GitHub and the ones I've been working on have branches for upcoming versions.
Some authors may also wait until 1.8 is out of beta before releasing upgrades of their plugins so they can make sure they work as intended.
(2014-07-16, 07:52 PM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]So none of the plugins are actually updated yet? That kinda sucks. To me it shows that the MyBB authors are not really concerned about 1.8....
If we don't improve the software, people yell at us because we do not update it. If we update it, people complain because we update it...people are never happy. We can't please everyone; we do our best to please mostly everyone.
Pages: 1 2