MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply Thread Box Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just want to know how to fix this as you don't see the reply box at the bottom of each thread, you can only see the reply text box on the right and I'd like to fix that.

What it currently looks like:
http://prntscr.com/41ru5x

What I want it to look like:
http://prntscr.com/41rv9q
I'm not sure if this will help you, but you should check first if the option that allows you to set whether or not the quick reply form will be shown at the bottom of threads is enabled.

Go to AdminCP-> Configuration->Settings->Show Thread Options. There is an option called "Show Quick Reply Form" and should be set to "On".

[Image: 001_12072014_061117.jpg]

However, each user (if "Show Quick Reply Form" is enabled), can disable this feature. They have a settings in UserCP->Edit Options.

[Image: 001_12072014_061216.jpg]
(2014-07-12, 03:24 AM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]
I'm not sure if this will help you, but you should check first if the option that allows you to set whether or not the quick reply form will be shown at the bottom of threads is enabled.

Go to AdminCP-> Configuration->Settings->Show Thread Options. There is an option called "Show Quick Reply Form" and should be set to "On".

[Image: 001_12072014_061117.jpg]

However, each user (if "Show Quick Reply Form" is enabled), can disable this feature. They have a settings in UserCP->Edit Options.

[Image: 001_12072014_061216.jpg]

Is there anyway possible I can make it one of the default settings?
(2014-07-12, 04:18 AM)Capone Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway possible I can make it one of the default settings?
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for... You want to force all users to have enabled this feature ("Show Quick Reply Form")?

Well... yes, in MyBB (almost) all things are possible. But there is no option (by default) in this regard. So... you need a plugin or you can do it by following these steps:

1. Enable "Show Quick Reply Form" in AdminCP
Go to AdminCP-> Configuration->Settings->Show Thread Options. There is an option (as I said before) called "Show Quick Reply Form" and make sure is set to "On".

2. Hide "Show the quick reply box on the view thread page" option in User CP for all users
Go to AdminCP->Templates&Style->Templates->YOUR TEMPLATE (used by your theme)->User Control Panel Templates->usercp_options
Search and delete this part of code, above {$pppselect}:
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="showquickreply" id="showquickreply" value="1" {$showquickreplycheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="showquickreply">{$lang->show_quick_reply}</label></span></td>
</tr>

3. Update your database and enable "Show Quick Reply Form" feature for all (already) registered users of your board
You can do this via phpMyAdmin (if you have some experience with SQL queries) using something similar with (this is just an example):
UPDATE `mybb1614`.`mybb_users` SET `showquickreply` = '1' WHERE `mybb_users`.`showquickreply` = '0';
where "mybb1614" is the name of your database and "mybb_" is the prefix used by your MyBB tables.

If you don't have experience with phpMyAdmin and SQL queries, copy sqrf.php file in YOUR MYBB ROOT/inc/plugins folder and activate it (via AdminCP->Configuration->Plugins). Basically, when you will activate this (basic) plugin, will do the same thing in the easy way: will update your database and activate option "Show Quick Reply Form" for all registered users of your board.

[attachment=31933]

Note: of course, you can deactivate and delete this file after activation. Please keep in mind that once activated, all your users will have enabled option "Show Quick Reply Form", although they don't have access to change this option in User CP (if you followed instructions from step 2). (when the plugin is deactivated will not revert these changes in your database!).

These steps may seem complicated, but I really don't know how to guide you to do it in other way (and sorry, but I don't have time to write a full plugin with options etc).