MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrating from punBB 1.4.2 to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a forum that runs on punbb and it's being running for quite long.
However, these days, it's getting a bit difficult to maintain the forum using that engine. So after reading reviews online, I was thinking of migrating the forum from punBB to myBB engine.

Now, I've gone through myBB website and found that there's a easy script for migrating from punbb 1.2 to myBB. however, my current forum is running punBB 1.4.2. So I'm confused how I can migrate my forum to myBB engine without causing any modification to actual database.

Any help, please ?
Moved to Merge System Support since you'd get better results here.
Thanks (Y)
Hope someone will help me soon.
If punBB 1.4.2 is the newest (haven't used it for a while) it should work as expected. At least I can't remember any issues last time I've tested it.
Note: there's a global issue with the forumpermissions module, not all of them may be copied.
(2014-07-12, 04:10 PM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]Note: there's a global issue with the forumpermissions module, not all of them may be copied.
I see!
does the script keeps the primary key intact ? it is important for me, so that the url isn't broken after migration.
All URL's are broken afterwards as we use a different file structure.