MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Don't Allow Moderators To Moderate A Certain Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have a staff only section on my forums and only want Administrators to have control over this forum (delete other users posts etc) How can I do this?
I have looked everywhere in the ACP
Thanks
Edit the permission of the forum.

ACP > forums & posts > forum manangement > select the staff only section, click the "options" tab > permissions > find the usergroup "Staff" and edit the permission for that group. Toungue
(2014-07-12, 06:49 AM)PhantomD Wrote: [ -> ]Edit the permission of the forum.

ACP > forums & posts > forum manangement > select the staff only section, click the "options" tab > permissions > find the usergroup "Staff" and edit the permission for that group. Toungue

This is the case as long as the moderator group isn't set as a super moderator group, such as the default MyBB "super moderator" group. If that's the case, you'd need to add a new staff group and set the board by board permissions and allow them to access the moderator CP (configurable in the usergroup options).
Sounds Confusing but I will try that

Thanks Wink

Edit: that didn't work :/
First make sure the Moderators are in a group where Is Super Moderator is not checked. Then either add each user manually to the forum you want them to have mod permissions in or make a usergroup for them and add the group as a mod in the forums you want.
don't know why I didn't think of that but thanks Wink