MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum being constantly spammed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum keeps getting spammed with threads in different languages, advertising xxx sites, or advertising.

I would go off the forum for a couple of hours and have 60 threads of the above.

I have already banned 20 accounts, they just keep coming back. I was wondering is there a plugin that can stop them?
The best thing to do is to use the Registration Question plugin. Then delete the default questions and add unique ones to your forum that a person should know.
(2014-07-12, 12:49 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]The best thing to do is to use the Registration Question plugin. Then delete the default questions and add unique ones to your forum that a person should know.

Thank you, but i heard that's for bots would it work if it's just people also, P.s i got the goodbyespammer plugin that should help as well..
Most of the time from my experience long posts that are spam with a bunch of links are bots and are stopped by this. You can't do anything against human spammers except ban them.
Thank you, I'll keep it in mind.
sorry to bring this back up but none of the above is working i went from 200 members to 400 + in a day and the other 200 are spammers, my forum went from 75 threads to 1000+ of spam, this is a nightmare as the goodbye spammer is not appearing...

[Image: 97abad190bed89eaf3fd1d47ced85304.png]
[Image: c962b552b71d7f55773069194063eeba.png]
[Image: 84394d87227d7a72e2e35333a8bec7f6.png]