MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes i am aware its just a splash. But its a sexy splash and you know it Rolleyes. Read the information and comment if you wish. I would also be interested to see what everyone wants in a Mybb resource site. If all you are going to say is "Hey wait! there are already Mybb resource sites" please use the "x" in the corner of your browser and leave this thread, alternatively you can use the back button. Wink

the links in my sig Smile
i know you said to not post this but; i dont see why your trying to start ANOTHER site? why not just ask to help out on a current one, there are already 3 mybb sites: mybbplanet.com, mybboard.com, and mybbmods.com sorry if i didnt mention more, but i seriously dont see the point
If that is your opinion then that is fine, and thank you for your comment as it has given me even more of an incentive to make Mybb things successful.

I have been planning a mybb resource site before Mybb planet even existed so there was alot of point when i started. Also think how many different vB and IPB resource sites there are? There are around 3-5 quite successful sites for each.

When Mybb planet was announced i didn't bash it because there was already a resource site in the form of Mybbmods, and i had one in the works at the time. Instead i wished Aaron luck and told him he would have a bit of friendly competition. I am sorry that you cannot do the same.

I also have unique ideas that i wan't to create myself to build my skills up as a web designer and improve my php knowledge.

I still however wish both Mybb planet and Mybbmods future success the same as i wish the Mybboard software more success in the future.
I don't think there can ever be too many resource sites. Afterall, the aim of each site is ultimately the same, to serve the users of MyBB. Surely, the more sites there are the more competition there will be, and the end result will be a better service to the users.

Personally, I think it's great that so many people are actively helping the community to grow, and I wish you the best in your new endeavour, Darren. Smile
sorry, i didnt mean to bash your idea or anything, and i can agree with what your saying, now that i think about it.
Its getting as bad as Woltlab BB, they have woltlab.info, wbbmods.com, wbbhacks.com, wbbstyles.com ect...
wbbmods and wbbhacks are the same site by the way Smile

You say its a bad thing, but as i said in my previous post think how many resource sites vBulletin has. There sites are what helps make vBulletin more successful and well know. I hope we can do the same for Mybb.
Surely if there are several different sites all devoted to mybb and each one of them is doing something slightly different with it, then eventualy mybb will be one of the leading boards available (and its free).
When i was first looking for a forum program i looked at everyone that i could find. One in particular interested me but when i saw the price was instantly put off. Then i came across mybb and thought hey will give it a shot.
Didn't even relise at the time that there were other sites doing other stuff with the program. Since then have visited them all and used a few of the different mods available. The more backup the better!
Darren Wrote:wbbmods and wbbhacks are the same site by the way Smile

I knew that :p

Darren Wrote:wbbmods and wbbhacks are the same site by the way Smile

You say its a bad thing, but as i said in my previous post think how many resource sites vBulletin has. There sites are what helps make vBulletin more successful and well know. I hope we can do the same for Mybb.

True. The more MyBB*.com/.co.uk/.net/.org sites there are the more advertisment MyBB gets.
^ true i cant wait for more and more resource sites, it shows that myBB is getting more and more supported and its gonna be good Smile, good luck with your site Smile
Pages: 1 2