MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modify emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I'm running MyBB 1.6.13 at Nomadicgaming.net, and i would like to modify the email alerts to new replies and what not, to be html based. By this, I mean I don't want this half-arsed looking plain text orange, i want a styled email alert with the logo on it and all.

What would i modify to do this?
You can find them in messages.lang.php at ACP >> Configuration >> Language >> Edit Variables
Thats all nice and dandy, but is it already sending phpmail as a html email and not a plain text email?
Depends which mails. Most don't have HTML on by default.
I just fired a test email using HTML and CSS elements by altering the "Send this user an email" button in the language files.

The results were all failure. I need to be able to alter the default headers to allow for HTML styled emails, which would either naturally be in source code or in a configuration variable I have overlooked. Where might I do this?
For "Send this user an email" you need to change:
my_mail($to_user['email'], $mybb->input['subject'], $message, $from, "", "", false, "text", "", $mybb->user['email']);
to:
my_mail($to_user['email'], $mybb->input['subject'], $message, $from, "", "", false, "html", strip_tags($message), $mybb->user['email']);
in member.php file. Similar edits have to be done for other E-mails if you want html in them too.