MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: determining memory footprint of each plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I turn off all plugins via init.php the memory usage of my site/page halves.

I want to see if there is a quick way to get the memory usage at each interval of when a plugin is loaded to try to determine which is the major memory hog here and see if I can try to trim it down a little.

Is there anyway to do this?
Also is there any knowledge out there on specifically which hooks use the most memory?

Cheers
Dan
At the very minimum you'd have to look at memory statistics after every hook function call.

May be easier to deactivate one plugin at a time.
Additionally doing some deeper mining on the showforum page as this is one of the heavier loading pages, I get 11.25MB memory here and loads in about 0.22 seconds, which is twice as slow as the other pages.

The slowest query here is
SELECT t.*, t.username AS threadusername, u.username FROM mybb_threads t LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid = t.uid) WHERE t.fid='16' AND (t.visible='1' OR t.visible='0') ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.lastpost desc LIMIT 0, 50
at Query Time: 0.0676929950714

This may have room for further indexing perhaps?

Also there are slower queries on the showthread page.

Mostly I just need to find the slowest plugins here and see what is holding things up the most, but would like to see if there is a way without disabling them all one by one

(2014-07-14, 03:22 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]At the very minimum you'd have to look at memory statistics after every hook function call.

May be easier to deactivate one plugin at a time.

Was hoping you wouldn't say that.

Guess I had better refresh my UAT environment