MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge successful - or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am VERY new to mybb.
I installed 1.6.2 yesterday.
After playing around with configuration I got nagged by the message:
"You are currently running MyBB 1.6.2 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.14 (1614)."

I downloaded merge_1.6.14.zip copied it (via FTP) to the myBB installation and went to: /domain.com/myBB/merge

There were a lot (really lots!) errors like:
Notice: Undefined index: pconnect in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/forum.domain.com/MyBB/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 189

I ignored them. But clicked [next] on every item. Finally i got a message that stated that everything was fine and I was done.
But still the message appears:
"You are currently running MyBB 1.6.2 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.14 (1614)."
So, what to do to do a real upgrade to 1.6.14?

BTW, it was a complete naked install. I had created three categories with three or four subforums each.
There were no postst no users no nothing.
After merge all categories were there twice. I got rid of them easily with deleting surplus forums/categories.
It seems that you have used the Merge system which is used to convert non-MyBB boards to MyBB.
If you meant to upgrade your forums to the latest version then you should use packages included in the new version announcement: http://blog.mybb.com/2014/06/30/mybb-1-6...e-release/ - in your case that would be to download the full Release Package and follow the instructions (full package allows to upgrade to the latest version from older releases, like 1.6.2).
Thanks Devilshakerz,
I have obviously taken the wrong upgrade file... Now everything worked nice.