MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: send a PM to a user group from within a private message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
it'd be nice to be able to send a PM to an entire user group rather than having to type out each user name in the 'recipients' section.

for example, I just had to moderate a post on my forum and PM a user who violated our forum rules. I wanted to copy in the super mods on my forum so they knew what was going on when they saw a newly unapproved post. The only way for me to copy them in on the PM that I sent to the user was to manually type of each of their names.
no one else is interested in this?
I would like the ability to do this as well since the only way to send to groups is through the ACP. If the answer ends up being a no, I could probably create a plugin.
This may be abused. Imagine a spammer sending mass messages to all users at once.
What I think would be best is to only be able to select usergroups which can view the Mod CP or ACP since that would be far less users so it couldn't really be spammed. Perhaps also a usergroup permission to use the feature.
good points. maybe set it as a configurable option in the group settings.

it'd make my life easier if I were able to CC the admin/super mod group rather than having to type out all of their user names.
Would be better to enhance the moderation center or report center. This is not something the PM is supposed to handle (private messages).
(2014-07-28, 05:24 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Would be better to enhance the moderation center or report center. This is not something the PM is supposed to handle (private messages).

that's the purpose of the request...to enhance the PMs...

this is a very useful idea for anyone who runs a big board and deals in a lot of PMs.
(2014-07-28, 05:24 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Would be better to enhance the moderation center or report center. This is not something the PM is supposed to handle (private messages).

We have an "edit reason" so... maybe there should be an unapprove and soft delete reason?
(2014-07-28, 03:32 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]that's the purpose of the request...to enhance the PMs...

But that is not what the system is supposed to work like (private conversations). A notification center should take care of moderation notifications as well. Thus improving the moderator and/or report center would be the best.

Doubt this will happen before 2.0 though.

I agree it would come handy to be able to send PMs to a whole group. But suits better as a plug-in IMO.
Pages: 1 2