MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No to erase all the messages all at once
I end up having the following error:

[Image: xwSxgbj.png]
@SilentThief: You must change PHP version (CPanel hosting...) - installation instructions...
[Image: 555af045ad37a.png]
It doesnt work with your other plugin
The mentions plugin once you install mentions it gets olive up and if you uninstall mentions it still doesnt work
They help me to use this in shoutbox: http://community.mybb.com/thread-155796....ight=imgur

Example:

[Image: h8pFJuf.png]
Suggestion:
  • Add similar edit that Inferno/Miuana has, same with delete so it's smooth and doesn't require an alert to be popped up. (Double click to edit)

Questions:
  1. How can I add custom /slap parses, i noticed theres only one ??
  2. Are there any way that I can remove the alert that appears when deleting shout, so i don't need to confirm deleting?
  3. Are there any other commands than slap, such as prune, ban?

I also noticed the shoutbox does not sync shouts with other members, a example would be I shout something then delete it. It won't be updated for some reason, the members will still see the deleted shout. Same with editing shouts, i have to refresh the page manually to see the changes..
(2015-05-28, 02:40 PM)An0ny Wrote: [ -> ]Add similar edit that Inferno/Miuana has, same with delete so it's smooth and doesn't require an alert to be popped up. (Double click to edit)
[...]
Are there any way that I can remove the alert that appears when deleting shout, so i don't need to confirm deleting?
I'll see what I can do to improve that part of the interface.

Quote:How can I add custom /slap parses, i noticed theres only one ??
[...]
Are there any other commands than slap, such as prune, ban?
The Shoutbox doesn't have any commands - /slap is a feature of the MyBB parser.

Quote:I also noticed the shoutbox does not sync shouts with other members, a example would be I shout something then delete it. It won't be updated for some reason, the members will still see the deleted shout. Same with editing shouts, i have to refresh the page manually to see the changes..
Only new messages are included in the synchronization request. I think it would be possible to implement synchronizing the message edits and deletions as well without noticeable impact on network traffic (which is important in case of AJAX-based Shoutboxes), however things would get complicated a bit.
(2015-05-28, 09:08 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-28, 02:40 PM)An0ny Wrote: [ -> ]Add similar edit that Inferno/Miuana has, same with delete so it's smooth and doesn't require an alert to be popped up. (Double click to edit)
[...]
Are there any way that I can remove the alert that appears when deleting shout, so i don't need to confirm deleting?
I'll see what I can do to improve that part of the interface.

Quote:How can I add custom /slap parses, i noticed theres only one ??
[...]
Are there any other commands than slap, such as prune, ban?
The Shoutbox doesn't have any commands - /slap is a feature of the MyBB parser.

Quote:I also noticed the shoutbox does not sync shouts with other members, a example would be I shout something then delete it. It won't be updated for some reason, the members will still see the deleted shout. Same with editing shouts, i have to refresh the page manually to see the changes..
Only new messages are included in the synchronization request. I think it would be possible to implement synchronizing the message edits and deletions as well without noticeable impact on network traffic (which is important in case of AJAX-based Shoutboxes), however things would get complicated a bit.

Thank you for your reply.

I will take other shoutboxs as example, inferno shoutbox checks regular each 2-3 second for new shouts this way.

Basically a time stamp, from when last shout was added or edited.

Once the timestamps changes, it will re-load all the shouts through a XML.

Now, i would assume reloading the entire document would be very resource intensive or bandwidth intensive. But it works.

http://i.imgur.com/ump10m9.png
http://i.imgur.com/eN5h5Qp.png

Anyway, thank you so much for developing this shoutbox. I wonder if you are considering to make a Premium version, that you could profit a little of perhaps? A little more advanced one Smile The shoutbox is pretty damn good, i love the checks it's having like "don't reload if window isn't active" etc. This is pretty good.

However as I said i hope to see the edit/delete to flow with the shoutbox, as these alert boxes doesn't really fit into it.. IMO.

Would be also very good with some kind of bot, maybe a extension to it. Where it shouts when new users make post in certain forums, or topics.

Thanks again man, i love it! Keep up the good work, this is the reason why I moved to MyBB. MyBB Finally had a decent shoutbox!!
Hi, man. Can u help plz.
I 've done all the steps by instruction, but it still didn't work.
And also in admin cp in plugins there is no any item. My forum is still created and I want to add a shoutbox.
Thx!

Here are screens
[attachment=34348]
[attachment=34348]

Oh man, sry. I'm stupid. I forget to change PHP version to 5.4
Dear Devilshakerz, will you ever decide to perhaps add a "notice" command to the shoutbox? Smile